hearts flutter

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm Thankful

Although it has been a while since I posted, I'd like to say that I have learned more gratitude in the past few months than anything. There haven't been any big happenings in my life, just small simple blessings that have a lot of meaning to me. I have been unsettled about some things and this has made me get to my knees and ask for help. This help has come in sweet feelings of peace and love. I have learned that there is a lot of joy in this life if we just are patient and kind to others. We don't get anywhere by being competitive, ungrateful, unsettled or envious. So my challenge is just to remember these impressions I've had and not try to rush to find "happiness" but rather feel the joy that I already have, but sometimes overlook. The joy that I have in my children and my husband. The blessings I have of having a roof over my head and food to eat. The joy I have of being free and pretty much being able to say and do as I please. Life is good. If we take the time to enjoy it and free out minds of envy, and apprehension, then there will be room for beauty and meaning to come in to our lives.

No comments: