hearts flutter

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nerdy Thirty!

That's right I'm naming this post Nerdy Thirty because I'm the Big 3-0 today!
And it's not that big of deal, nope, no breakdown for me...not yet anyway
I'm happy because I have many things to be happy about and look forward to,
This is 30 reasons why it's a great day/year for me.....

1-I am not going to even think about school work today
2-My hubby is taking me to dinner at my favorite restaurant
3-All of my family is healthy
4-This week we will be get our tax returns back'...YAHOO!
5-I'm going to eat a delicious ice cream cake tonight!
6-My family and friends are the best....seriously, I could not have better ones.....
7-I have two awesome children that surprise and make me happy everyday
8-I have a wonderful husband that I do not know what I would do without, he works so hard for us and is so thoughtful and considerate of me in every way :)
9-I am getting close to getting my teaching degree and am excited to be able to teach children.
10-I have friends that get my weird sense of humor and laugh at my randomness
11-I live in a place where my kids can play outside and I can walk down the street and not worry about getting mugged..
12-I have the gospel in my life that keeps me on the right track, and reminds me of what is important!
13-Although I have a wrinkle starting, showing my age, I like to think it's from smiling.
14-I am very much looking forward to going to Alabama and visiting our other half of the family. They are so great to us.
15-I have constant reminders everyday of why i am blessed.
16-We are going to buy a camper and go camping this summer. It's been so long since I've been camping and I can't wait to spend time with my family in nature.
17-I feel loved because it's only 9:30 in the morning and I've already had many birthday wishes!
18-I can buy chocolate anytime of the day or night:)
19-I have many good memories with family and friends that make me smile when I am having a hard day.
20-The snow is almost melted already, and although it's cold, I can see green grass outside! Spring is near!
21-This may sound dumb, but I love that I can't keep in contact with so many people because of technology.
22-I'm so happy I can stay home with my children and watch them grow everyday.
23-My children are constant reminders that life is beautiful and will continue to be that way.
24-My family and friends support all my ideas and dreams.
25-Grateful for some hard experiences I've had so I can understand what others are dealing with.
26-I'm happy because I got two pair of tall awesome boots for my birthday! Love 'em!!
27-I'm looking forward to growing a garden this year.
28-I am hoping sometime in the next 10 years to take a cruise with my hubby.
29-I am looking forward to teaching in the next few years.
30-I am looking forward to all the adventures with my friends and family in the future.

So that's it, I'm 30, there is no going or looking back....Just forward...I just hope 40 takes it's sweet time:)
Betsy Sue

2 comments:

Shan said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you've had a fantastic day Betsy & that we're still in touch in another 30 years.

Camie Rae said...

Oh Bes!! How do I love ya!? You've been my bestest buddy ever since I can remember and I miss you a ton!! But 30, meh. That's nothing! We've got a long road ahead of us, right?! AND yes. 40 had better takes it dang sweet time!!